The jacket worn by John Lennon in the 1965 film HELP! will be on the auction block at Sotheby’s. The bidding for the former Beatles‘ jacket currently falls between $50k – $70k and is described rather eloquently as “Black wool jacket with silk lining; interior lining bearing the label of D. A. Millings & Son. Scattered wear consistent with age and use. One small hole to lining, otherwise in very good condition” on the auction site.
The jacket is part of A Rock & Roll Anthology: From Folk To Fury auction on December 10 at 11AM in New York City. If you don’t have a semester of NYU tuition lying around (before room, board, and other fees, obviously), there are plenty of other items up for auction that you likely won’t be able to afford, but potentially won’t cause cardiac arrest.
- The Beatles. London News And Star Promotional Poster, Circa 1964: $4,000 – $6,000
- The Beatles. A Hard Day’s Night. 24 Sheet Poster, 1964: $2500 – $3500
- The Beatles. Full Band Autograph From Shea Stadium, 15 August 1965: $4,000 – $6,000
- The Beatles — John Lennon. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Signed Album Sleeve, 1967: $10,000 – $12,000
- The Beatles. Original Danish Poster. Printed By Permild & Rosengreen, 1968: $800 – $1200
- The Beatles. Yellow Submarine Original Capitol Records Promotional Poster, 1969: $1500 – $2000