There was a time in the late 1960s when you could not avoid Paul Revere & the Raiders; the boys from Boise were all over the airwaves, TVs, and spread across newsstands on every corner. At the forefront, along with Paul Revere, was Mark Lindsay. The band’s lead singer had earned himself a reputation, one which he compared to that of Justin Bieber.
“Every bit of that stuff was just as true as everything that’s about [Justin] Bieber right now, I’m tellin’ you,” Lindsay jokes, recalling the antics and attention he received during the height of the band’s popularity. “It was kind of like I unzipped the zipper and I was out for anybody to examine… there was no privacy. Who needed it at that point in time?”
Listen to Scott Shannon’s full interview with Mark Lindsay below.
Lindsay is currently a part of the Happy Together Tour with Flo & Eddie, Chuck Negron, The Cowsills, Gary Puckett, and Billy J. Kramer. The tour will be making several stops in the tri-state over the next several days.
- 06/15/16 | Poughkeepsie NY | Mid Hudson Civic Center
- 06/16/16 | New York City | Beacon Theater
- 06/18/16 | Westbury, NY | NYCB Theatre At Westbury
- 06/19/16 | Tarrytown, NY | The Tarrytown Music Hall
- 06/21/16 | Staten Island, NY | St. George Theater