Prince’s Cause of Death Ruled Opioid Overdose

By Staff

The death of music icon Prince was caused by an opioid overdose, according to a tweet from the Associated Press.

The iconic artist’s body was discovered on April 21 at his Minnesota estate Paisley Park. He was 57 years old.

Related: Prince: Saying Goodbye to a True Original

Prince Rogers Nelson has sold over 100 million records worldwide, won seven GRAMMY Awards, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004. His long string of hits includes “1999,” “Little Red Corvette,” “When Doves Cry,” “Let’s Go Crazy” “Purple Rain” and “Kiss.”

Artists across genres and music fans from around the world have paid tribute to the artist since the news of his passing broke.

More from Scott Shannon

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCBS-FM 101.1

Big Show PodcastScott Shannon Weekly Podcast
Sunday 7am-11amScott Shannon's new show featuring artist interviews, song countdowns, one-hit-wonders and commentary from Scott.

Listen Live