Weekend Activites: Holiday Themed Events Begin In NYC
Mr. G says we have mild weather for the weekend, but it’s not stopping holiday themed events from kicking off in the tri-state area!
Ice skating, train shows and spectacular Christmas shows will take over starting now!
All ice skating rinks in the tri-state are now open, including:
- Clove Lakes Park in Staten Island
- The World Ice Arena in Flushing Meadows
- Wollman Rink in Central Park
- The Prospect Park, Coney Island and McCarren Park Rinks in Brooklyn
The McCarren Park Rink will be of special interest to Brooklynites and other visitors, as it’s transformed from the summertime pool and will include a variety of shops!
The 2013 Radio City Christmas Spectacular opens to the public today with 4 shows daily starting at 10am!
This year, the show runs through December 30th and you can purchase tickets and see more info on the added scenes by clicking HERE.
The Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Garden opens tomorrow and runs through January 12th.
New this year is a G-scale Metro-North train that winds its way around a display of Hudson River Valley mansions, along with holiday dining inspired by “the streets of New York.”
All the other favorites also return, as you watch the model trains glide past Yankee Stadium and the New York City skyline!
The annual tree lighting ceremony happens tomorrow just after 4pm.
Go to the NY Botanical Garden site for tickets and more info!
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Morrissey Laments Media Coverage of Robin Williams That ‘Overshadowed’ Lauren Bacall’s Death
- Ray Davies Denies ‘Mojo’ Report About a 2015 Kinks Reunion
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall North American Tour
- Jeff Bridges ‘Live’ Tracklist Includes Covers of the Byrds, Townes Van Zandt and – Of Course – Creedence Clearwater Revival