Details On The Great Brooklyn Tomato Throwing Festival
Are you ready to get sauced?
It’s the great Brooklyn tomato throwing festival tomorrow at noon at the Aviator Sports and Event Center next to Floyd Bennett Field!
It’s just like “La Tomatina” in Spain and similar to what they do at Germany’s Oktoberfest.
More than 5,000 people are expected to show up to chuck 40 thousand pounds of tomatoes at each other!
Here’s some more info on the event:
- The fruit is shipped in from South Carolina.
- The chucking begins at 4:00. You’re advised to bring a pair of protective goggles and wear clothes you don’t mind throwing out when it’s all over.
- They will also be handing out a prize for best costume.
- You have to be over the age of 14 to participate.
It’s not cheap: the price of a ticket is $50, plus $10 for the shuttle to bring you to the closest subway stop at Flatbush Avenue/Brooklyn College, four miles from the action.
Read more from the Daily News.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen
- Stream Yusuf/Cat Stevens’ New Album, ‘Tell ‘Em I’m Gone’
- Led Zeppelin’s Motion for Dismissal Denied in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Lawsuit
- Radio.com Minimation: Robert Plant Recalls How ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Was Written