Tips For Eating Sensibly During BBQ Season
You know what Memorial Day means: the start of the summer barbecue season!
It’s all the stuff we love: burgers, ribs, cole slaw and brownies. But if you’re trying to lose weight or keep it in check, it can be tough.
Tips from US News nutritionist Kerri Glassman:
- Don’t go to the barbecue hungry! Have a heavy snack first so you don’t overeat once you get there.
- Skip the first drink. You’ll wind up drinking too much before the day or night is over and it can also make you eat more.
- Choose wisely: go for the grilled veggies, corn on the cob, salad and chicken or fish instead of potato salad, cole slaw and burgers or steaks.
- Don’t go back for seconds!
Read more from the Daily News and take our BBQ poll:
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates