Bon Jovi announced today that guitarist Richie Sambora will not be performing on the upcoming leg of the band’s current tour. A post on the Bon Jovi website cited “personal issues” for his absence without giving any other information.
Calgary fans were the first to find out when they showed up to Tuesday’s (April 2) Because We Can tour stop and were greeted by an announcement over the venue’s PA system.
He hinted that Sambora’s absence could be indefinite, adding, “Richie Sambora won’t be performing for a while. If there’s ever a night I need you, it’s tonight, Calgary.”
Sambora similarly took a break from the band’s 2011 Bon Jovi Live tour to check into rehab for substance abuse. For the 13 shows he missed, guitarist Phil X played substitute. It has not been revealed who might take Sambora’s place on the current tour.
The Because We Can tour will go on as scheduled. Bon Jovi visits Edmonton, Canada tonight (April 3) with the current leg wrapping up on April 25 in San Jose, Calif.
The band’s latest album, What About Now, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart last month, selling 101,000 in its first week, according to Billboard. Shortly before the album’s release, Bon Jovi rocked Radio.com for a very special live webcast.
– Nee-Sa Lossing, Radio.com
Read More Music News On WCBSFM.com:
- Dialogue 101: Junior Achievement of New York
- Bruce Springsteen on Trump: ‘The Republic is Under Siege by a Moron’
- 5 Bass Players Who Could Replace AC/DC’s Cliff Williams
- Hear Previously Unreleased David Bowie Album ‘The Gouster’
- Butch Vig Recalls Producing Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’
- 5 Best Songs on Bruce Springsteen’s ‘Chapter and Verse’