Elton John’s Top 10 Songs Of All Time
With a career spanning nearly a half century, Elton John has cemented himself as one of the greatest musicians of all time. His songwriting, combined with catchy melodies and signature pop rock/R&B sound, made him the top selling artist of the 1970s and, for his career, one of the top selling musicians with well over 200 million albums sold. Elton’s discography is littered with Top 40 hits (more than 50), nine of which reached number one. On top of his six GRAMMYs, he’s also won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award and a Tony Award.
With such a celebrated and decorated career, it would certainly be difficult to choose his greatest songs of all time. But over the last week, that has been your task. The voting was close, especially towards the bottom where two write-in selections tied for the #10 spot.
T-10. “Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding”
“Crocodile Rock” 3.55%
9. “Empty Garden (Hey, Hey Johnny)” 4.14%
8. “Levon” 4.73%
7. “Bennie and the Jets” 5.92%
6. “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” 6.51%
5. “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me” 7.1%
4. “Rocket Man” 8.28%
3. “Candle in the Wind (1997)” 9.47%
2. “Tiny Dancer” 10.06%
1. “Your Song” 14.2%
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice