There was an excess of singing and dancing occurring in 1978, most of which can be attributed to John Travolta’s appearance in Grease and Saturday Night Fever. The Fonz was also reminding us of happier days, college never looked more fun than in Animal House and we began to feel the force in all of us with Star Wars (before it was called Episode IV: A New Hope).
Away from the big and small screens, “Son of Sam,” David Berkowitz, was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison, we tested our memory with “Simon” and the first person to have been conceived by in vitro fertilization (Louise Brown) was born.
We also remember the great music; The Police, Gloria Gaynor, The Ramones and the Rolling Stones all had hits. With that, as we remember 1978 with Throwback Thursday on CBS-FM, we want to know your favorite song from the year. Vote using the poll below and if your pick isn’t available, write it in!
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- John Mellencamp Announces New Album ‘Sad Clowns and Hillbillies’
- ZZ Top Extend Tonnage Tour
- Win Tickets To An Advanced Screening Of ‘The Sense of An Ending’
- Win Passes To The World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition
- Peter Gabriel’s Solo Debut: A Look Back, 40 Years Later
- Sinead O’Connor Apologizes for Accusing Arsenio Hall of Giving Prince Drugs