Bob Seger Covers Wilco, John Hiatt In Tour Opener
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band started their “Rock and Roll Never Forgets Tour” Wednesday night at the Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio, where he began his last tour in 2011.
Playing to a sold-out crowd, Seger turned in a 24-song, two-and-a-half hour set. Taking time out from recording a new album to do this tour, Seger played a brand new song, “All The Roads” during his set. He opened, appropriately with a cover of John Hiatt’s “Detroit Made.” Other notable songs included a cover of Wilco’s “California Stars,” and the return of “Like a Rock” to his set, after 25 years.
Seger ended the night with two encores containing two songs each, with the tour’s title track, “Rock and Roll Never Forgets” closing it out. The tour runs through April 18th in Buffalo, New York, but a few more dates are expected to be added.
Bob Seger opening night set list:
1) Detroit Made 2) Trying to Live My Life Without You 3) Fire Down the Road 4) Main Street 5) Old Time Rock & Roll 6) All the Roads 7) Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man 8) Nutbush City Limits 9) Betty Lou’s Gettin’ Out Tonight 10) Like a Rock 1 1) Travelin’ Man 12) Beautiful Loser 13) Roll Me Away 14) Come to Papa 15) Her Strut 16) California Stars 17) We Got Tonight 18) Turn the Page 19) Sunspot Baby 20)Katmandu
21) Against the Wind 22)Hollywood Nights
Enter to win tickets to see to see Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band performing on Tuesday, April 16th at Barclays Center in Brooklyn HERE!
Jim Johnson / 104.3 WOMC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Radio.com Minimation: George Harrison: ‘We Were All Hot To Trot’
- Couple Says ‘Living The Fifties Way’ Saved Their Marriage
- Listen to ‘Quiet Storm,’ Smokey Robinson’s Duet with John Legend
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game