Buying And Selling Vacation Days Becoming Common Among Major Companies
Ever wish you could have more vacation days? Or are you so busy at work you can’t even take an hour off?
What if you could buy or sell your vacation days? It’s becoming popular with many companies.
A ‘buy-sell vacation program’ allows you to purchase an extra week of time every year
The average American worker receives about two and a half weeks of vacation time each year. That’s not enough for some, too much for others.
But with buy-sell programs, everyone gets what they need
14 percent of companies now allow employees to buy or sell their vacation days, through payroll deductions or credits.
Other businesses offer the chance to donate to fellow workers in need. Another employee who may be suffering a personal crisis can tap that pool and have additional time off.
When employees sell their unused vacation days, they receive an extra paycheck. However, companies can also offer the option to contribute the cash to their 401K plan instead.
Dan, Deb and Mr. G discuss what they would do with their days:
Is this an option you would want? See more at CBS New York and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: ‘Wild Thing’ by The Troggs, Chicago VI, and Paul Young’s ‘Everytime You Go Away’
- Radio.com Minimation: George Harrison: ‘We Were All Hot To Trot’
- Couple Says ‘Living The Fifties Way’ Saved Their Marriage
- Listen to ‘Quiet Storm,’ Smokey Robinson’s Duet with John Legend
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians