Buying And Selling Vacation Days Becoming Common Among Major Companies
Ever wish you could have more vacation days? Or are you so busy at work you can’t even take an hour off?
What if you could buy or sell your vacation days? It’s becoming popular with many companies.
A ‘buy-sell vacation program’ allows you to purchase an extra week of time every year
The average American worker receives about two and a half weeks of vacation time each year. That’s not enough for some, too much for others.
But with buy-sell programs, everyone gets what they need
14 percent of companies now allow employees to buy or sell their vacation days, through payroll deductions or credits.
Other businesses offer the chance to donate to fellow workers in need. Another employee who may be suffering a personal crisis can tap that pool and have additional time off.
When employees sell their unused vacation days, they receive an extra paycheck. However, companies can also offer the option to contribute the cash to their 401K plan instead.
Dan, Deb and Mr. G discuss what they would do with their days:
Is this an option you would want? See more at CBS New York and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Watch the Best Movie Trailers for the Top Blockbusters of 2015 and 2016
- Dog Captures Marriage Proposal On GoPro, Owners Perfectly Respond To Haters
- Neil Young Debuts New Music with Willie Nelson’s Sons Live: Watch
- Prince’s Facebook Got Hacked with Promise of New Music, Omelets
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Members Are Claiming She’s Awake