Adele is now an Oscar winner.
The singer took home the prize for Best Song with her Bond theme “Skyfall.”
Adele thanked producer Barbra Broccoli, the daughter of original James Bond producer Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli, before getting teary eyed, something she blamed on all her maternal hormones.
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Paul Epworth, who co-wrote the song and produced Adele’s 21, not only helped finish her speech, but thanked the singe for being “the best person to work with.”
Adele’s win, her second for “Skyfall,” marks the first Oscar victory for the Bond franchise, which celebrated its 50th anniversary.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: A Look Back at ‘Blood Sugar Sex Magik’ 25 Years Later
- Justin Timberlake Covers Earth, Wind & Fire’s ‘September’
- Don Henley Talks Eagles Reunion
- Keith Richards Will Live Forever
- This Week In History: ‘Hey Jude’ Tops Charts, Jerry Lee Lewis Has Horrible Aim, Ferris Bueller Revives a Classic, Paul Jabara, and Tony Bennett
- Metallica Premiere New Track ‘Moth Into Flame’