Adele is now an Oscar winner.
The singer took home the prize for Best Song with her Bond theme “Skyfall.”
Adele thanked producer Barbra Broccoli, the daughter of original James Bond producer Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli, before getting teary eyed, something she blamed on all her maternal hormones.
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Paul Epworth, who co-wrote the song and produced Adele’s 21, not only helped finish her speech, but thanked the singe for being “the best person to work with.”
Adele’s win, her second for “Skyfall,” marks the first Oscar victory for the Bond franchise, which celebrated its 50th anniversary.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Are Dead and Company Releasing a New Album?
- The Rolling Stones’ Ronnie Wood Becomes Father to Twins
- Elton John and Vladimir Putin Delay Meeting Due to Schedule Conflicts
- Was Prince a Hip-Hop Pioneer? Questlove Makes the Case
- This Week In History: The Beatles, Grand Funk, The Boss, Mariah, and Macca
- Neil Young Dukes it Out with Explosive Ear of Corn