Turntable Tuesday: A Birthday Dedication That Will Make Your Bedrock!
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
Happy 50th birthday to Pebbles Flintstone. She was born to Wilma and Fred during the episode that aired on February 22, 1963. The producers say Pebbles was born on February 22, 10,000 BC, but we’ll go with the date of her prime time debut.
And that got us thinking about the pop star she shares a name with. Pebbles of 1980s AD had her first taste of fame exactly 25 years ago. “Girlfriend” was climbing the charts on its way to the top 5.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- Duran Duran Address Fan Club Lawsuit, Say Fans Aren’t the Real Target
- Play the Morrissey Drinking Game
- Jon Bon Jovi Rumored to Be Considering Buying Buffalo Bills, Moving Team to Toronto — and Robert Duffy Isn’t Happy
- Joe Perry, Paul McCartney Recently Met for a Secret Recording Session
- Mr. Big Drummer Pat Torpey Diagnosed with Parkinson’s