Turntable Tuesday: A Birthday Dedication That Will Make Your Bedrock!
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
Happy 50th birthday to Pebbles Flintstone. She was born to Wilma and Fred during the episode that aired on February 22, 1963. The producers say Pebbles was born on February 22, 10,000 BC, but we’ll go with the date of her prime time debut.
And that got us thinking about the pop star she shares a name with. Pebbles of 1980s AD had her first taste of fame exactly 25 years ago. “Girlfriend” was climbing the charts on its way to the top 5.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Thousand Dollar Workday Payday
- Listen to Robin Gibb’s ‘Days of Wine and Roses’ from Upcoming Final Album
- Danielle Fishel Is Happy To Play The Role of ‘Topanga’ Again On ‘Girl Meets World’
- Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Tom Jones to Play Bridge School Benefit
- Fred L. Mazzilli Foundation’s Mustache Bash: September 16th in NYC
- How to Download and Delete the New U2 Album