CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
Happy 50th birthday to Pebbles Flintstone. She was born to Wilma and Fred during the episode that aired on February 22, 1963. The producers say Pebbles was born on February 22, 10,000 BC, but we’ll go with the date of her prime time debut.
And that got us thinking about the pop star she shares a name with. Pebbles of 1980s AD had her first taste of fame exactly 25 years ago. “Girlfriend” was climbing the charts on its way to the top 5.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Ted Nugent Blasts David Crosby Over Rock Hall Insult
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Dolly Parton to Release First Children’s Album
- Elvis Presley Fans Now Have to Pay to Visit the Singer’s Grave
- Watch Van Morrison Perform New Song ‘Transformation’
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Bombing Victims to Receive $324K Each