CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
Happy 50th birthday to Pebbles Flintstone. She was born to Wilma and Fred during the episode that aired on February 22, 1963. The producers say Pebbles was born on February 22, 10,000 BC, but we’ll go with the date of her prime time debut.
And that got us thinking about the pop star she shares a name with. Pebbles of 1980s AD had her first taste of fame exactly 25 years ago. “Girlfriend” was climbing the charts on its way to the top 5.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- David Lee Roth Has a Stalker, Needs Your Help
- Roger Waters Performed ‘Fearless’ Live First Time Since 1971
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins David Gilmour for ‘Comfortably Numb’
- Watch Paul Simon Perform ‘Wristband’ at Austin City Limits
- Richie Sambora Doesn’t Know the Words To MJ’s ‘Black or White’
- Man Dressed as Rick James Robs Indianapolis Bank… B*#%$!