CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
Happy 50th birthday to Pebbles Flintstone. She was born to Wilma and Fred during the episode that aired on February 22, 1963. The producers say Pebbles was born on February 22, 10,000 BC, but we’ll go with the date of her prime time debut.
And that got us thinking about the pop star she shares a name with. Pebbles of 1980s AD had her first taste of fame exactly 25 years ago. “Girlfriend” was climbing the charts on its way to the top 5.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Neil Young Dukes it Out with Explosive Ear of Corn
- Win Tickets For Rick Springfield At The Amphitheater At Coney Island Boardwalk
- The Beach Boys Announce Summer Tour Dates
- Cyndi Lauper Performs ‘When You Were Mine’ for Prince
- Duncan Jones Says ‘Goodbye’ to Father David Bowie
- Robert Plant Goes to Court Instead of Festival