Tom Petty, Kings of Leon & More To Headline Hangout Fest
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have announced their first live appearance since last summer’s string of dates: He’ll headline the fourth annual Hangout Fest. Held on the Gulf of Mexico in Gulf Shores, Alabama, the festival will be held May 17-19.
Hangout Fest will also include rockers Kings of Leon as one of its three main headliners, with the third still to be announced. The five-stage fest has a quite stacked lineup so far, including: The Roots, the Trey Anastasio Band, The Black Crowes, Public Enemy, Gov’t Mule, the Jim James Band, The Shins, Kendrick Lamar, Bloc Party, Ellie Goulding, Passion Pit, The Breeders, BASSNECTAR, Steve Akoi, Slightly Stoopid, Porter Robinson, moe., Galactic, Dirty Projectors, Grouplove, Toots and the Maytals, Lissie, Best Coast, Jason Isbell & 400 Unit, Twin Sister, Ryan Bingham, The Sheepdogs and more.
Last year’s Hangout lineup included Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack White, Dave Mathews Band and Skrillex.
Petty was rumored to be booked for Bonnaroo this year as well, though those rumblings have yet to be seen. His last him was 2010’s Mojo, and he hasn’t toured since last summer.
Tickets went on sale today, with 35,000 sold for each day of the perennially sold-out fest. For more information, head to Hangout’s official site. Watch the festival’s funny announcement video, which includes an Andy Kauffman/Tony Clifton imitator.
- Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Morrissey Laments Media Coverage of Robin Williams That ‘Overshadowed’ Lauren Bacall’s Death
- Ray Davies Denies ‘Mojo’ Report About a 2015 Kinks Reunion
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall North American Tour
- Jeff Bridges ‘Live’ Tracklist Includes Covers of the Byrds, Townes Van Zandt and – Of Course – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Enter To Win: History of the Eagles At The Garden
- Dad Records Teen Daughter’s Wild Backseat #Selfie Session