He’s Back! Prince Set To Headline 2013 Montreux Jazz Festival
It might be freezing in Minnesota, but things are heating up for the Purple One in 2013. The Montreux Jazz Festival just announced Prince is set to play three high priced headlining shows over three nights, July 13, 14 and 15. Tickets range $190 to $428 and for the hefty coin you might just get to see Prince perform his classics along with new material, including the freshly released “Breakfast Can Wait.”
The annual jazz festival in Switzerland has seen Prince play twice before, in 2007 and 2009, and this will be the first year since festival founder Claude Nobs passed away in January after being injured in a cross-country skiing accident on Christmas Eve.
Tickets went on-sale Friday February 15th on MontreuxJazzFestival.com and the rest of the line-up for the 47th Montreux Jazz Festival will be announced April 18, 2013.
- Adam Greenwald, JACK-FM/Minneapolis
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- George Harrison Honored by Brian Wilson, Conan O’Brien, Weird Al Yankovic, More at L.A. Concert: Watch
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’
- Prince Announces Album Release Livestream Party
- American Idol Runner-Up, ‘Scorpion’ Star Katharine McPhee Looks To Release New Music Next Spring
- Hear Alternate Mix of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Rain Song’
- Live: Robert Plant Brings His ‘Lullaby’ And ‘Roar’ to Brooklyn