He’s Back! Prince Set To Headline 2013 Montreux Jazz Festival
It might be freezing in Minnesota, but things are heating up for the Purple One in 2013. The Montreux Jazz Festival just announced Prince is set to play three high priced headlining shows over three nights, July 13, 14 and 15. Tickets range $190 to $428 and for the hefty coin you might just get to see Prince perform his classics along with new material, including the freshly released “Breakfast Can Wait.”
The annual jazz festival in Switzerland has seen Prince play twice before, in 2007 and 2009, and this will be the first year since festival founder Claude Nobs passed away in January after being injured in a cross-country skiing accident on Christmas Eve.
Tickets went on-sale Friday February 15th on MontreuxJazzFestival.com and the rest of the line-up for the 47th Montreux Jazz Festival will be announced April 18, 2013.
- Adam Greenwald, JACK-FM/Minneapolis
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Annie Lennox Says Twerking Has Nothing to Do with Feminism
- Neil Diamond Nearly Broke Down Into Tears Upon Returning To Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn
- Ringo Starr to Star in Skechers Ad Campaign
- Q&A: Jimmy Page on His Favorite Led Zeppelin Album, Beastie Boys, and a Good ‘D’yer Mak’er’ Joke
- Singing Nun Releases Debut Single and It’s Madonna’s ‘Like a Virgin’