For the second year in a row, couples are invited to renew their vows on Valentine’s Day in a group ceremony on Times Square’s red glass steps.
The free ceremony, organized by the Times Square Alliance, will be streamed live online at 6pm and will be officiated by a U.S. Coast Guard captain.
Couples can pre-register online or simply show up and there is no cap on the number of couples allowed to participate!
There will also be two public art installations on display:
- The first is a heart-shaped sculpture made of boards from boardwalks destroyed by Hurricane Sandy.
- The second is a nightly three-minute presentation of “love messages” on Times Square’s LED screens
Click HERE for more info on renewing your vows in Times Square today!
Meanwhile, if you can make it to Brooklyn tonight, the “Yappy” Valentine’s Day celebration happens tonight to honor the unbreakable bond between woman and dog rather than woman and man!
The festivity will be held at Angry Wades, a dog-friendly Cobble Hill sports bar complete with a pool table, dartboard, and a fireplace.
Attendees can booze it up on the cocktail specials while their canine companions meet-and-greet other pooches and nosh on tasty doggie treats!
The event is for all dog lovers, single or married and runs from 6-9 pm – $15 at the door.
Info for tonight’s event:
Angry Wades – 222 Smith St. near Butler Street in Cobble Hill
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dramas: Explained
- Win Tickets To See ‘Memories of Frank… Celebrating 100 Years of Sinatra’
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- B.B. King’s Band Tours with Bluesman Jesse Robinson
- Listen: The Monkees’ New Song ‘She Makes Me Laugh’ Written by Rivers Cuomo of Weezer