Eyebrows were raised on Monday (February 11) when noted right-wing rocker Ted Nugent tweeted that he would be attending the State Of The Union address.
well well well, there will be a freedom addicted all American uppity Motown guitarplayer facing the POTUS at the SOTU addresss tomoro-lovely
— Ted Nugent (@TedNugent) February 11, 2013
Nugent, a vocal gun-rights advocate, was invited by Texas Republican Representative Steve Stockman. After the event, Nugent tweeted that “the prez is a master scam artist.”
It deeply pains me to report that the prez is a master scam artist-didnt believe a word
— Ted Nugent (@TedNugent) February 13, 2013
Following the State Of The Union, Nugent told CBS News that President Barack Obama’s speech was “predictable, flowery [and] feel-good. Whatever he says, he just doesn’t do it, or he does just the opposite.” Getting to specifics, he said, “None of his gun-control proposals has ever reduced crime, has ever halted or deterred criminal behavior, and has never saved an innocent life.”
“When someone threatens innocent lives, and acts absolutely dangerously crazy… get those people off the streets.” Echoing the argument of the NRA, he said, “We need to take care of the mentally ill, and keep them away from the public.”
Watch the full interview here.
– Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets For Bachman & Turner In A.C.
- Turntable Tuesday: John Travolta and Olivia-Newton John Define Summer Time
- ‘True Blood’ Music Recap: Mikky Ekko Subs In For Eric Burdon
- Late Springsteen Saxophonist Clarence Clemons Gets His Own Day In NJ
- WCBS-FM’s Joe Causi Dances For Charity On Staten Island
- Study: More Men Stressing Out About Weddings, Doing More Planning