Journey has announced the official release of the band’s feature length documentary “Don’t Stop Believin’: EveryMan’s Journey,” directed by Ramona S. Diaz. The film follows the band’s new lead frontman, Filipino singer Arnel Pineda, as he feels the pressures of leading the band on their most epic world tour and highlights Pineda’s rags-to-riches story as he helped the band reach the number 5 spot on the Billboard charts with their album Revelation. The album sold over 196,000 copies in its first two weeks and remained in the top 20 for 6 weeks.
Pineda had been singing Journey songs with his cover band, Zoo for years and performing at clubs in his hometown of Manila, the capital city of the Philippines. Journey’s guitarist, Neal Schon took notice of Pineda’s talent after watching a few of his club performances on YouTube. After that, Pineda was selected to replace former lead singer Steve Augeri in December of 2007.
Don’t Stop Believin’: EveryMan’s Journey will be playing in select cities beginning on March 8 and will available on video-on-demand on March 9.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM, New York
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- This Week In History: The Beginning Of Elton John’s Greatness & More
- KISS, Nirvana Lead Fan Ballot For Induction Into Rock Hall
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’