Journey Releases ‘Don’t Stop Believin': EveryMan’s Journey’ Documentary
Journey has announced the official release of the band’s feature length documentary “Don’t Stop Believin': EveryMan’s Journey,” directed by Ramona S. Diaz. The film follows the band’s new lead frontman, Filipino singer Arnel Pineda, as he feels the pressures of leading the band on their most epic world tour and highlights Pineda’s rags-to-riches story as he helped the band reach the number 5 spot on the Billboard charts with their album Revelation. The album sold over 196,000 copies in its first two weeks and remained in the top 20 for 6 weeks.
Pineda had been singing Journey songs with his cover band, Zoo for years and performing at clubs in his hometown of Manila, the capital city of the Philippines. Journey’s guitarist, Neal Schon took notice of Pineda’s talent after watching a few of his club performances on YouTube. After that, Pineda was selected to replace former lead singer Steve Augeri in December of 2007.
Don’t Stop Believin': EveryMan’s Journey will be playing in select cities beginning on March 8 and will available on video-on-demand on March 9.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM, New York
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- CBS-FM’s Top 500 Memorial Day Weekend Countdown
- Win Tickets For Huey Lewis and The News At NJPAC