CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
This week in 1978, the guys of Van Halen released their first studio album, simply titled Van Halen. It wasn’t long before fans started calling it one of the greatest debuts in rock history, despite the mixed reviews it received from critics. In the end, Van Halen was a smash, selling more than 10 million copies and securing a solid place in music history.
The lead single from the album was a hot remake of The Kinks‘ original from 1964.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Sam Moore to Perform at Trump Inauguration
- Green Day Debut Anti-Trump Video for ‘Troubled Times’
- Ozzy Osbourne, KISS, Korn to Headline Chicago Open Air Festival
- 1985 ‘Ebony’ Magazine Tried To Predict What Michael Jackson Would Look Like in the Year 2000
- Springsteen Cover Band Pulls Out of Trump Inauguration Event
- Chance the Rapper, Alicia Keys, Diddy, More Recreate ‘I Have a Dream’