Turntable Tuesday: Van Halen’s Hot Remake Of A Kink’s Classic
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
This week in 1978, the guys of Van Halen released their first studio album, simply titled Van Halen. It wasn’t long before fans started calling it one of the greatest debuts in rock history, despite the mixed reviews it received from critics. In the end, Van Halen was a smash, selling more than 10 million copies and securing a solid place in music history.
The lead single from the album was a hot remake of The Kinks‘ original from 1964.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Harrison Ford in Critical Condition after Plane Crash
- The Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson Announces Solo U.S. Tour
- The 6 Creepiest Characters Played By Anthony Hopkins
- ‘House of Cards’ Becomes a Sitcom in This Hilarious Parody
- ‘Late Show’ Host To Be Stephen Colbert Talks Catholicism, The Pope, & His Favorite Saint
- Music For Cats is a Real Thing