CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
This week in 1978, the guys of Van Halen released their first studio album, simply titled Van Halen. It wasn’t long before fans started calling it one of the greatest debuts in rock history, despite the mixed reviews it received from critics. In the end, Van Halen was a smash, selling more than 10 million copies and securing a solid place in music history.
The lead single from the album was a hot remake of The Kinks‘ original from 1964.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- U2’s Adam Clayton Addresses Alcoholism at MusiCares Award Ceremony
- Jim Breuer is Returning With a One-Man Show
- Paris Jackson’s Newest Tattoo Pays Tribute to Michael
- Watch U2 Pay Tribute to Leonard Cohen with ‘Suzanne’ Cover
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Features Nine Inch Nails Playing ‘She’s Gone Away’
- Win Tickets To See Rick Springfield At The Wellmont Theater