CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
This week in 1978, the guys of Van Halen released their first studio album, simply titled Van Halen. It wasn’t long before fans started calling it one of the greatest debuts in rock history, despite the mixed reviews it received from critics. In the end, Van Halen was a smash, selling more than 10 million copies and securing a solid place in music history.
The lead single from the album was a hot remake of The Kinks‘ original from 1964.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 3/24/17
- Noel Gallagher’s Face is Embossed on New Adidas Shoe
- John Oates Has Nothing To Be Ashamed Of
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner’s 40th Anniversary Tour
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- ‘Grateful Dead Movie’ to Return to Theaters April 20