CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
This week in 1978, the guys of Van Halen released their first studio album, simply titled Van Halen. It wasn’t long before fans started calling it one of the greatest debuts in rock history, despite the mixed reviews it received from critics. In the end, Van Halen was a smash, selling more than 10 million copies and securing a solid place in music history.
The lead single from the album was a hot remake of The Kinks‘ original from 1964.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: A Look Back at ‘Blood Sugar Sex Magik’ 25 Years Later
- Justin Timberlake Covers Earth, Wind & Fire’s ‘September’
- Don Henley Talks Eagles Reunion
- Keith Richards Will Live Forever
- Metallica Premiere New Track ‘Moth Into Flame’
- U2 Attacks Donald Trump with Own Quotes in ‘Desire’ Performance