The 10 Greatest Artists From New York Of All Time
When we posed the question, “Who is the greatest artist from New York or all time?,” we expected the voting to be nearly to close to call with countless write-in votes. We could not have been more wrong.
Barbra Streisand accrued more than 50% of the vote with runner-up Barry Manilow keeping it close, only losing by several percentage points. That left the rest of the competition in the dust. Several write-in votes included the Ramones, Bette Midler and even Lady Gaga, but none made enough of a significant impact to compete with the thousands of votes that rolled in for both Streisand and Manilow.
Nonetheless, here are the 10 Greatest Artists From New York Of All Time, as voted on by you.
T-10: Eddie Money 0.02%
T-10: Dion 0.02%
8: Neil Sedaka 0.03%
T-7: Carole King 0.04%
T-7: Cyndi Lauper 0.04%
5: Neil Diamond 0.17%
4: Billy Joel 0.33%
3: Carly Simon 0.41%
2: Barry Manilow 46.38%
1: Barbra Streisand 52.44%
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice