We have a massive storm headed our direction (which has been named ‘Nemo’) and Mr. G has the latest timeline and snowfall numbers for us.
**A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for Friday afternoon thru Saturday afternoon**
Increasing clouds today as the storm approaches with highs in the lower 30’s.
Cloudy with light snow developing after midnight, temperatures rising into the mid 30’s
Early light snow to start things off tomorrow but it quickly changes to all rain, that will be short lived because it will then back to all snow by mid-afternoon! The wind picks up in the afternoon and after an early high of 40 degrees we will fall into the lower 30’s by sundown.
Windy with snow, heavy at times tomorrow night, lows will be in the upper 20’s and this is when the most accumulation will take place in the tri-state.
**4 to 8 inches of snow in the city with 6 to 12 inches in the nearby suburbs and 8-14 inches well north and west**
A few morning snow showers remain Saturday morning, then becoming mostly sunny and continued windy with highs in the lower 30’s.
The National Weather Service has now added a blizzard watch for eastern and central Suffolk County and Connecticut Friday night into Saturday…with the heavy snowfall and wind gusts of up to 60 MPH possible.
Listen to the latest from Mr. G:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Cuddle Up with Double Shots of Love Songs All Valentine’s Weekend
- Rolling Stones: Trump Doesn’t Have Permission to Use Our Music
- Bruce Springsteen to Release Autobiography in September
- Shannon in the Morning Daily Podcast: Josh Groban, John Elliott’s Adventures with Ginger, McDonald’s Lady Rants, and Teresa Guidice Calls In
- Ray Romano Talks Hookers on Private Jets at the VINYL Premiere