Yoko Ono Releases New Dance Single ‘Hold Me’
Yoko Ono is at it again!
The (debatable) singer is making the rounds again, this time with a new dance single “Hold Me,” co-written and produced by EDM remixer Dave Aude who has worked with artists such as U2, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Coldplay – just to name a few.
This is a first for the soon to be 80-year-old (February 18th) – this single is entirely new, compared to her previous club hits which were just re-workings of her classic material.
Due to all the attention the song has received on SoundCloud, the release date was pushed forward.
“Hold Me” is available for digital download on iTunes.
We asked the WCBS-FM jocks what they thought of the song. Here’s what they said:
Broadway Bill Lee: “As someone who played dance music for over 10 years, the production was good, but the vocals are too loud and scary to children.”
Ron Parker: “Typical Yoko Ono dance track. She still holds the record as the oldest person to have a dance track on the charts. The song has strong beat, but lacks a bit in lyrics. I don’t believe it will hit number one on the charts.”
What do you think of Yoko’s song. Is it better than her Voice Piece For Soprana & Wish Tree at the MoMA (the good stuff starts at :15)? Listen to both and sound off in the poll below!
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM/NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Elvis Costello, Marcus Mumford, Jim James & More Put Their Stamp on Bob Dylan’s ‘Married to My Hack': Listen
- Listen: Prince Drops Two New Songs, ‘U Know’ & ‘Whitecaps’
- 6 George Harrison Albums to Be Remastered, Released in September
- Former Survivor Frontman Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- Stream Robert Plant’s New Album ‘Lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar’
- FYI: Confusing Dogs with a Puppet and a Bone Is Hilarious