Dave Grohl Takes Over “Chelsea Lately” Hosting Duties During GRAMMY Week
Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, currently on a whirlwind promotional blitz for his directorial debut, Sound City, is taking over the hosting chair from Chelsea Handler on her Chelsea Lately TV talk show on the E! network during GRAMMY Week.
In honor of the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards happening on Sunday, February 10, the show has lined up a series of GRAMMY-related guests to chat it up with Grohl, including Rick Springfield (Monday, Feb.4), Nas (Tuesday, Feb. 5), Elton John (Wednesday, Feb. 6) and Tenacious D (Thursday, Feb. 7).
On the week’s first show, Grohl made cracks about the cause of the Super Bowl XLVII blackout (his hair dryer) and Britney Spears (“she just seems dead inside,” he quipped. “It’s like there’s nothing in her boobs anymore”).
Grohl also performed with his first night guest, Rick Springfield, performing “She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain” instead of a Foo Fighters song, joking that E! “can’t afford the rights to my music,” with the two rockers riffing on acoustic guitars through the traditional American folk tune.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets For Huey Lewis and The News At NJPAC
- Play Scrabble for the Lolz: Board Game Adds Thousands of New Words
- Rod Stewart Announces New Album ‘Another Country’ for October
- Roger Waters to Headline Newport Folk Festival
- 26 Delicious Songs You Can Bring on a Picnic, from A to Z
- American Idol Winner Nick Fradiani Heads Out on the Road with ‘Idols Live’