Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, currently on a whirlwind promotional blitz for his directorial debut, Sound City, is taking over the hosting chair from Chelsea Handler on her Chelsea Lately TV talk show on the E! network during GRAMMY Week.
In honor of the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards happening on Sunday, February 10, the show has lined up a series of GRAMMY-related guests to chat it up with Grohl, including Rick Springfield (Monday, Feb.4), Nas (Tuesday, Feb. 5), Elton John (Wednesday, Feb. 6) and Tenacious D (Thursday, Feb. 7).
On the week’s first show, Grohl made cracks about the cause of the Super Bowl XLVII blackout (his hair dryer) and Britney Spears (“she just seems dead inside,” he quipped. “It’s like there’s nothing in her boobs anymore”).
Grohl also performed with his first night guest, Rick Springfield, performing “She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain” instead of a Foo Fighters song, joking that E! “can’t afford the rights to my music,” with the two rockers riffing on acoustic guitars through the traditional American folk tune.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Frances Bean on Kurt Cobain’s 50th Birthday: ‘You are Loved and You are Missed’
- Enter To Win Tickets to see Blondie At The Beacon
- Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr Reunite in the Studio
- Win Tickets To See The Pretenders At Terminal 5
- The CBS-FM $1000 Song Of The Day
- David Bowie: A Look Back at His ’90s Era – When He Got Weird Again