Turntable Tuesday: Remembering Karen Carpenter
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
We lost a phenomenal singer 30 years ago Monday (2/4/83). Karen Carpenter was just 32 when her heart gave out as she battled anorexia nervosa. Her passing brought much-needed attention to eating disorders in general.
Karen and her brother, Richard, sold more than 100 million albums and singles over the decades, including a hugely successful version of “Superstar.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Joan Jett And The Blackhearts Performing At CBS-FM’s Saturday In The Park – August 22
- Lionel Richie’s ‘Hello’ Music Video Without Music is Unsettling and Creepy
- The Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ Has Too Many Words
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 31, 2015
- Win Tickets To The Premiere Of “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”