CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
We lost a phenomenal singer 30 years ago Monday (2/4/83). Karen Carpenter was just 32 when her heart gave out as she battled anorexia nervosa. Her passing brought much-needed attention to eating disorders in general.
Karen and her brother, Richard, sold more than 100 million albums and singles over the decades, including a hugely successful version of “Superstar.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win A Cruise Aboard The Disney Wonder
- Win Tickets To See Blue Man Group At Astor Place Theatre
- Win Tickets For I Love The 90s At Prudential Center
- Win Tickets To The Purple Xperience: A Tribute to Prince At The St. George Theatre
- Legends Of Rock at St. George Theatre
- Win A Cruise On Circle Line With Joe Causi