CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
We lost a phenomenal singer 30 years ago Monday (2/4/83). Karen Carpenter was just 32 when her heart gave out as she battled anorexia nervosa. Her passing brought much-needed attention to eating disorders in general.
Karen and her brother, Richard, sold more than 100 million albums and singles over the decades, including a hugely successful version of “Superstar.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To See The Ultimate Doo Wop Show At The Beacon
- Win Tickets To See Queen or Chicago & The Doobie Brothers
- Win Tickets To See Earth, Wind & Fire and Chic In Concert
- Win Tickets To See UB40 At PlayStation Theater
- Hall & Oates Reflect on Four Decades of Making Music
- Hall & Oates Reflect on 4 Decades of Making Music