Turntable Tuesday: Remembering Karen Carpenter
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
We lost a phenomenal singer 30 years ago Monday (2/4/83). Karen Carpenter was just 32 when her heart gave out as she battled anorexia nervosa. Her passing brought much-needed attention to eating disorders in general.
Karen and her brother, Richard, sold more than 100 million albums and singles over the decades, including a hugely successful version of “Superstar.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- America… Heck Yeah! Experience Freedom While Bald Eagle Gives You A Real Bird’s Eye View
- Enter to Win: The Hit Men Holiday Show
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- ‘Being Brad Blanks': A Red Carpet Interview About John Malkovich’s Study of the Octopus