CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
We lost a phenomenal singer 30 years ago Monday (2/4/83). Karen Carpenter was just 32 when her heart gave out as she battled anorexia nervosa. Her passing brought much-needed attention to eating disorders in general.
Karen and her brother, Richard, sold more than 100 million albums and singles over the decades, including a hugely successful version of “Superstar.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 3/24/17
- Noel Gallagher’s Face is Embossed on New Adidas Shoe
- John Oates Has Nothing To Be Ashamed Of
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner’s 40th Anniversary Tour
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- ‘Grateful Dead Movie’ to Return to Theaters April 20