When John Fogerty delayed his new duets album back in August, it was supposedly to add “new original songs and notable surprises.” Now the former Creedence Clearwater Revival frontman has made good on his word, releasing the album’s new (star-studded) tracklist. Titled Wrote A Song For Everyone, the album will be released May 28 on Vanguard Records.
The collaborators that were initially announced were pretty impressive: Foo Fighters, Bob Seger, Kid Rock, Jennifer Hudson, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban, My Morning Jacket and Dawes. The main additions to the finished album are Tom Morello, Zac Brown Band and Allen Toussaint.
As for the new original songs Fogerty promised when he pushed back the album, two of those ended up Wrote A Song For Everyone, titled “Mystic Highway” and “Train of Fools.” The new tracks should help to differentiate the album, which is comprised primarily of Fogerty’s biggest hits with and without CCR. Full tracklist below.
Fogerty fans watching Sunday’s Super Bowl apparently got a taste of the album. The CBS broadcast used Fogerty’s duet of “Born on the Bayou” with Kid Rock during the big game.
He will tour this year, including performances at next month’s SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas; he also has a few dates with Dave Grohl’s Sound City Players.
Additionally, Fogerty is penning a memoir, set for release in 2014.
Wrote a Song for Everyone tracklist:
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who’ll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)
– Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Frankie Valli in Studio with Scott Shannon
- Rolling Stones Share New Track ‘Hate To See You Go’
- Foreigner’s Mick Jones to Release Official Band Biography
- Bruce Springsteen Wrote a Song For ‘Harry Potter’ That Was Never Used
- Green Day Down to Play Desert Trip in 30 Years
- Bon Jovi Hits Broadway to Play New Album