Your Big Game Sunday Guide: Commercials, Puppy Bowl And More!
Super Bowl XLVII kicks off just after 6:30pm Sunday on CBS, but we all know that the day has become MUCH more than just the game! Here’s a guide to what many of us will be looking for other than the game:
- According to CBS, the price of a thirty-second ad has hit a record high of $4 million bucks
- GM will not advertise this year, and Subaru decided to advertise on Puppy Bowl 9 instead
- Some commercials to look forward to include the Mercedes-Benz ad with supermodel Kate Upton, Budweiser debuting a new premium beer and a “Coca Cola desert oasis extravaganza”
- Alicia Keys will sing the national anthem and The Sandy Hook Elementary School Choir will sing “America The Beautiful” before the game
- Extended trailers for The Lone Ranger and Star Trek: Into Darkness will debut
And the rumors are NOT true! Bob Dylan is NOT replacing Beyonce as the halftime performer at the Super Bowl!
A comedian put the fake story on his website a couple of days ago and it began spreading as a last minute replacement rumor!
After the game, CBS has given the coveted time slot to the Sherlock Holmes reboot Elementary, which could be seen by 40 million people!
Meanwhile, the year’s cutest event Puppy Bowl 9 kicks off Sunday at 3pm on Animal Planet and will repeat multiple times throughout the day and night!
The purpose of the Puppy Bowl is to give national exposure to rescue organizations and animal shelters.
All 63 puppy football players are rescues, along with the 21 halftime kittens, the hamster that pilots the blimp and the hedgehog cheerleaders.
One local pup to root for is 10 week old “Eli,” a German shepherd / pit bull mix from the Bergen County Animal Shelter.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To See RAIN: A Tribute To The Beatles
- Win Tickets To See Spandau Ballet In Concert
- Ringo Starr Announces New Album ‘Postcards from Paradise’
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath: Geezer Butler Arrested for Death Valley Bar Fight