The Who & Elvis Costello Playing Cancer Benefit Concert In NYC
Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Will Smith and Jada Deny Divorce Rumors
- D’Angelo, Ed Sheeran, Aloe Blacc to Pay Tribute to Bill Withers
- Minimation: Nils Lofgren Bounces Into Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Join U2 on Stage at MSG
- Jimmy Fallon’s ‘First Drafts of Rock: The Beach Boys’ “Fun Fun Fun”
- This Claymation Version Of Ronda Rousey’s 34 Second Fight Is Amazing