The Who & Elvis Costello Playing Cancer Benefit Concert In NYC
Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Motley Crue Think More Bands Should Do Retirement Contracts
- The Replacements Have Recorded New Songs, Planning Box Sets
- The Making of Processed Deli Meat Will Make You Think Twice at the Deli Counter
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Bruce Springsteen to Honor Pete Townshend at Benefit Concert
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show