The Who & Elvis Costello Playing Cancer Benefit Concert In NYC
Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Roger Waters Needs to Remind You He’s Not on Pink Floyd’s New Album
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Listen To This Beautiful Ryan Adams Cover Of Foreigner’s ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Jimmy Page Conditionally Ponders 2015 Solo Tour
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen