The Who & Elvis Costello Playing Cancer Benefit Concert In NYC
Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen
- Kids Cry Tears of Joy Upon Return of Missing Cat