Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To View “An Evening With Neil Young”
- Cuddle Up with Double Shots of Love Songs All Valentine’s Weekend
- Rolling Stones: Trump Doesn’t Have Permission to Use Our Music
- Bruce Springsteen to Release Autobiography in September
- Shannon in the Morning Daily Podcast: Josh Groban, John Elliott’s Adventures with Ginger, McDonald’s Lady Rants, and Teresa Guidice Calls In
- Ray Romano Talks Hookers on Private Jets at the VINYL Premiere