Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch this Gorilla Dance to Michael Sembello’s 1983 Hit ‘Maniac’
- Janet Jackson’s Producer Shares Update on Motherhood & Music
- Guns N’ Roses Keep Fans Waiting, for a Good Reason
- Snoop Dogg, Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Ice-T, Others to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Chris Cornell’s Passion for Human Rights Honored by George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, More