Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Chad Smith’s ‘New Boy Band’ Includes Chris Martin, Beck and Jakob Dylan
- Frankie Valli in Studio with Scott Shannon
- Rolling Stones Share New Track ‘Hate To See You Go’
- Foreigner’s Mick Jones to Release Official Band Biography
- Bruce Springsteen Wrote a Song For ‘Harry Potter’ That Was Never Used
- Green Day Down to Play Desert Trip in 30 Years