The Who & Elvis Costello Playing Cancer Benefit Concert In NYC
Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- America… Heck Yeah! Experience Freedom While Bald Eagle Gives You A Real Bird’s Eye View
- Enter to Win: The Hit Men Holiday Show
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- ‘Being Brad Blanks': A Red Carpet Interview About John Malkovich’s Study of the Octopus