The Who & Elvis Costello Playing Cancer Benefit Concert In NYC
Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: The Beatles, Marvin Gaye, and the Rolling Stones
- Keith Richards Pokes Fun at Led Zeppelin, The Who
- Neil Young to Release Live ‘Bluenotes’ Album
- Steven Van Zandt Talks Darlene Love, The Sopranos with Scott Shannon
- Nilsson Fans Record Song to ‘Put Harry in the Hall’
- Vladimir Putin is the Greatest Hockey Player in the World