Elvis Costello will help The Who close their big Quadrophenia & More North American tour with a bang. Costello & The Imposters will join Townshend, Daltrey and co. for the tour’s new closing night, a Teen Cancer America fundraiser concert dubbed Who Cares.
The show will take place February 28 at NYC’s Theater at Madison Square Garden, and will benefit TCA and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Specifically, proceeds will go towards developing units in hospitals that will help produce more positive outcomes for teen cancer patients.
Although The Who has worked with Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.K. for over a decade, this benefit show marks the band’s first collaboration with Teen Cancer America.
Tickets will be available on Ticketmaster starting February 2.
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Clinton vs Trump: The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election In Playlists
- ‘Stranger Things’ Actress Millie Bobby Brown Channels Amy Winehouse
- Nickelback Covered a Don Henley Song
- Not Fade Away: Boston’s Self-Titled Debut Turns 40
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 8/25/16
- Soon You Can Tour Prince’s Paisley Park Estate