Schedule Of Events And Specials Happening For Grand Central Terminal’s 100th Anniversary
It’s a special day in the city as Grand Central Terminal celebrates 100 years! Check out to the full schedule of events and special 1913 rollback deals many of the shops are offering!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS ON THE MAIN CONCOURSE FOR GRAND CENTRAL TERMINAL’S 100TH BIRTHDAY
9:30-10am – A West Point Brass & Percussion concert and presentation of colors by West Point’s Cadet Color Guard.
10:00 am — 11:30 am – The re-dedication ceremony features surprise entertainment and presentations wishing the Terminal a happy birthday.
Ceremony includes special presentations and appearances by:
• “Sex and the City” star Cynthia Nixon
• Caroline Kennedy
• Mets great Keith Hernandez
• The Celia Cruz Bronx High School Choir
Noon – 12:30 pm – The Terminal receives special honors from the Guinness Book of World Records, the National Park Service and the National Railway Historical Society.
The US Postal Service’s new stamp will be released
1-4pm – Celebrations continue in the Main Concourse with music and dance performances from:
• The Knicks City Dancers and Kids
• The Westchester Philharmonic Brass Octet
• Staten Island’s Susan E. Wagner High School Jazz Band
7-9:30pm – Music from Rhythm Collective and Grammy Award-winning big band Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
1913 PRICING FROM GRAND CENTRAL SHOPS AND RESTAURANTS
• Pescatore offers19¢ shrimp, 13¢ mussels and13¢ clams
• 10¢ for a side of french fries at Tri Tip Grill From 11am-3pm
• A 5¢ small drip hot coffee at Financier Patisserie Starting at 12 pm. (Limit one per customer)
• A 10¢ shoe shine at Leather Spa
• 10¢ nylon watch straps from Central Watch, Limited to first 500 customers. Limit one per customer
• 25¢ piece of Fudge at Li-Lac Chocolates. (Limit one per customer)
• 19¢ slice of cheesecake at the Oyster Bar & Restaurant, Dine-in only
• 10¢ for a ‘bambini’ scoop of gelato or sorbet at Ciao Bella
• $2 for 100% silk scarves (unisex) at TOTO
• 6¢ for a loaf of rye bread at Zaro’s Bakery, Shuttle Passage and Grand Central Market locations only. (one per customer)
• 75¢ Adirondack cocktail at Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
• 5¢ for a 1lb box of pasta with purchase of a Ceriello Sauce at Ceriello Fine Foods (until 4pm)
SPONSORED GIVEAWAYS AT SPECIAL CENTENNIAL TABLES
• Grand Central Centennial Luggage Tags
• Vintage train whistles from Target
• Granola Bars and trail mix from Archer Farms
• Mini men’s and women’s fragrance bottles from Vince Camuto
• Arrowhead studded earrings from Tia’s Place
• Spring rolls from Pescatore
• Financiers from Financier Patisserie
• Starbucks VIA Ready Brew from Starbucks
• “23” cookies from Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
• Chocolate Hearts from Li-Lac Chocolates
• Package of Masala Chai blend from Café Spice
• Origins iPhone cases from Origins
• Swatch pens from Swatch
• 2 Deluxe samples and an invite to the store for a hand and arm massage from Jo Malone
A Grand Central Terminal commemorative USPS Express Mail stamp will be available for purchase at the Lower Concourse Information Booth from 10am-3pm.
Carvel Celebrates Grand Central’s Centennial from 2-6pm at the Taxi Stand on 43rd and Vanderbilt.
They will be giving away 1,000 Flying Saucers, 2,500 coupon books and Fudgie the Whale will be there for photo ops!
Mr. G is VERY excited about the rollback prices:
Not enough info? Click HERE for more on the big celebration!
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: ‘Wild Thing’ by The Troggs, Chicago VI, and Paul Young’s ‘Everytime You Go Away’
- Radio.com Minimation: George Harrison: ‘We Were All Hot To Trot’
- Couple Says ‘Living The Fifties Way’ Saved Their Marriage
- Listen to ‘Quiet Storm,’ Smokey Robinson’s Duet with John Legend
- Tom Petty Doesn’t Think You Should Be Keeping Up with the Kardashians