Safe Snacking Tips For The Big Game Sunday
110 million people are expected to watch the Super Bowl Sunday night, which has been dubbed the second biggest day for us to consume calories, trailing only Thanksgiving.
On average, we will snack on a minimum of 1,200 calories worth of food! And if you love guacamole, we are expected to eat 158 million pounds of avocados this Super Bowl weekend. That’s up 8 million pounds from 13 years ago!
So what should you do?
- Chicken wings are the most popular food, and they become unhealthy when over-glazed and dipped in fatty sauce
- Dieticians say to substitute vegetables for chips when dipping, opt for light beer or try not to drink at all.
- Substitute water in between beer to help reduce your calories through the day.
- Do not get takeout! Making your own pizza will save everyone 700-900 calories.
- Making chilli and serving lots of shrimp cocktail are excellent, healthier options.
Read more healthier big game tips by clicking HERE and tell us what you are doing:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Elvis Costello, Marcus Mumford, Jim James & More Put Their Stamp on Bob Dylan’s ‘Married to My Hack': Listen
- Listen: Prince Drops Two New Songs, ‘U Know’ & ‘Whitecaps’
- 6 George Harrison Albums to Be Remastered, Released in September
- Former Survivor Frontman Jimi Jamison Dead at 63
- Stream Robert Plant’s New Album ‘Lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar’