110 million people are expected to watch the Super Bowl Sunday night, which has been dubbed the second biggest day for us to consume calories, trailing only Thanksgiving.
On average, we will snack on a minimum of 1,200 calories worth of food! And if you love guacamole, we are expected to eat 158 million pounds of avocados this Super Bowl weekend. That’s up 8 million pounds from 13 years ago!
So what should you do?
- Chicken wings are the most popular food, and they become unhealthy when over-glazed and dipped in fatty sauce
- Dieticians say to substitute vegetables for chips when dipping, opt for light beer or try not to drink at all.
- Substitute water in between beer to help reduce your calories through the day.
- Do not get takeout! Making your own pizza will save everyone 700-900 calories.
- Making chilli and serving lots of shrimp cocktail are excellent, healthier options.
Read more healthier big game tips by clicking HERE and tell us what you are doing:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To See Barry Manilow At Nassau Coliseum
- Win Tickets To See Pat Benatar At St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Straight No Chaser at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Enter To Win Tickets To See The Zombies at Town Hall
- Win Tickets To See The Zombies & A Copy Of The Book “The Zombies 50th Anniversary of Odessey & Oracle”