Safe Snacking Tips For The Big Game Sunday
110 million people are expected to watch the Super Bowl Sunday night, which has been dubbed the second biggest day for us to consume calories, trailing only Thanksgiving.
On average, we will snack on a minimum of 1,200 calories worth of food! And if you love guacamole, we are expected to eat 158 million pounds of avocados this Super Bowl weekend. That’s up 8 million pounds from 13 years ago!
So what should you do?
- Chicken wings are the most popular food, and they become unhealthy when over-glazed and dipped in fatty sauce
- Dieticians say to substitute vegetables for chips when dipping, opt for light beer or try not to drink at all.
- Substitute water in between beer to help reduce your calories through the day.
- Do not get takeout! Making your own pizza will save everyone 700-900 calories.
- Making chilli and serving lots of shrimp cocktail are excellent, healthier options.
Read more healthier big game tips by clicking HERE and tell us what you are doing:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- “The Donald” Got Twitter Trumped and the Internet Responds: Pick Your Fave!
- Enter To Win: Pop, Rock & Doo Wopp Live!