Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner.
THE CASE: Taylor Swift isn’t just the best-selling country star right now – she was one of the best-selling pop stars of 2012, with her fourth album Red selling more than one million copies in its first sales week. Even Miranda Lambert thanked Taylor for popularizing non-“twangy and cheesy” country in the mainstream, while at the same time deeming her a pop singer. Of course, country-to-pop crossovers are nothing new – remember Faith Hill and Shania Twain? But when all of country’s biggest stars – from Lady Antebellum and Carrie Underwood to Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton – are crossing over, is the genre considered in trouble or thriving?
THE JURY: A collective of country music insiders including Jessica Northey, Julia Currier and Bobby Corser of Country Music Rocks, Leslie Armstrong of Nashville Country Club, and country radio personality Ashley Greninger
THE VERDICT: Watch to find out!
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN TO VOTE:
– Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Elton John Fights ‘Potentially Deadly’ Infection, Cancels Shows
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Surprise Set at Steven Van Zandt Concert
- Win Passes To A Special Screening Of ‘Saturday Night Fever’
- Win Passes To A Screening Of ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’
- This Week In History: Hippies on Broadway; Paul & John Say “No” to SNL; Rod Stewart Says “Bye” to Porsche; How much for that Fender Strat?; Sheryl Crow Helps the Environment?!
- Win Tickets To See Diana Ross At NY City Center