Jukebox Jury: Has Country Gone Too Pop?
Welcome to Jukebox Jury, our new music debate show where experts face off and a jury of fans decides the winner.
THE CASE: Taylor Swift isn’t just the best-selling country star right now – she was one of the best-selling pop stars of 2012, with her fourth album Red selling more than one million copies in its first sales week. Even Miranda Lambert thanked Taylor for popularizing non-“twangy and cheesy” country in the mainstream, while at the same time deeming her a pop singer. Of course, country-to-pop crossovers are nothing new – remember Faith Hill and Shania Twain? But when all of country’s biggest stars – from Lady Antebellum and Carrie Underwood to Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton – are crossing over, is the genre considered in trouble or thriving?
THE JURY: A collective of country music insiders including Jessica Northey, Julia Currier and Bobby Corser of Country Music Rocks, Leslie Armstrong of Nashville Country Club, and country radio personality Ashley Greninger
THE VERDICT: Watch to find out!
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN TO VOTE:
- Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Morrissey Calls Bodyguard’s Claims He Ordered a Hit on Fan Site Owner a ‘Vexatious Lie’
- Smokey Robinson Recruits Mary J. Blige for ‘Being Without You': Listen
- Q&A: Graham Nash Captures an Historical Moment With ‘CSNY 1974′
- Brad Blanks On the Sharknado 2 Red Carpet w/ Ian Ziering
- Traaaaain! This Video Should Convince You To Stay OFF the Tracks!
- Little Girl Doesn’t Want Her Baby Brother To Grow Up