1982 was a monumental year in the US. A severe recession began, there was the first implant of a permanent artificial heart, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial is released in theaters, drinking at home wasn’t as lonely with the premiere of Cheers and Times Man Of The Year was The Computer.
But undoubtedly, as each year passes, we remember it for the music. The early ’80s were a prime time for music, with artists like Michael Jackson transforming from popstar to icon, the continued success of soul great Marvin Gaye, and the mainstreaming of punk rock with The Clash.
With that, as we remember 1982 with Throwback Thursday on CBS-FM, we want to know your favorite song from the year. Vote using the poll below!
If your favorite song from 1982 isn’t mentioned in the poll, let us know in the comments section below and we’ll tally up the write-in votes.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Hanson Detail Greatest Hits Album
- CBS-FM wants you to set sail on a Disney Dream Vacation!
- Eddie Vedder Joins Roger Waters for ‘Comfortably Numb’
- Miranda Lambert Covers U2’s ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’
- Bush Frontman Gavin Rossdale Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington
- Rolling Stones to Return to the Studio