Ringo Starr To Get Animated Again For ‘Powerpuff Girls’
A little “sugar, spice and everything nice” will return to TV this year for a revival of the popular Cartoon Network show Powerpuff Girls, which will also feature the voice of The Beatles’ Ringo Starr.
Starr recorded an original song for the special, “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl.” He will also voice the character Fibonacci Sequins, described as “Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician.”
Cartoon Network announced in a press release that they’re bringing back the adorable, bug-eyed crime fighting trio — Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup — in a redesigned CG animated special. The original cast will reportedly return to voice their iconic roles.
The beloved Emmy-winning animated show ran for six seasons on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will make its first return to TV in eight years.
This isn’t Ringo’s first time getting animated, of course: Starr and the Beatles were featured in their own Saturday morning cartoon, and later, in the film Yellow Submarine. In both of those instances, voice actors subbed in for the Fab Four. More recently, Starr and his former bandmates were featured in The Beatles: Rock Band.
– Britt Bickel, K-EARTH
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Boston Announces ‘Heaven on Earth’ 2014 Summer Tour
- Search Team May Have Found Malaysia Airlines Plane’s Door
- Closing In On 80 Years Of Age, There Is Still No Stopping Frankie Valli
- The Allman Brothers Band Open Their Final New York Residency at Beacon Theatre
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads