Ringo Starr To Get Animated Again For ‘Powerpuff Girls’
A little “sugar, spice and everything nice” will return to TV this year for a revival of the popular Cartoon Network show Powerpuff Girls, which will also feature the voice of The Beatles’ Ringo Starr.
Starr recorded an original song for the special, “I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl.” He will also voice the character Fibonacci Sequins, described as “Townsville’s most famous flamboyant mathematician.”
Cartoon Network announced in a press release that they’re bringing back the adorable, bug-eyed crime fighting trio — Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup — in a redesigned CG animated special. The original cast will reportedly return to voice their iconic roles.
The beloved Emmy-winning animated show ran for six seasons on Cartoon Network from 1998-2005 and will make its first return to TV in eight years.
This isn’t Ringo’s first time getting animated, of course: Starr and the Beatles were featured in their own Saturday morning cartoon, and later, in the film Yellow Submarine. In both of those instances, voice actors subbed in for the Fab Four. More recently, Starr and his former bandmates were featured in The Beatles: Rock Band.
– Britt Bickel, K-EARTH
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Spooky TV Shows Are On the Rise: 5 To Watch Out For
- Beastie Boys’ Adam Horovitz Gives Advice to Teenagers
- Honda Pulls April Fools Prank with Selfie Car
- Mulder Sings? David Duchovny Sets Release Date for Debut Album ‘Hell or Highwater’
- Madonna: Calling TIDAL the llluminati Is ‘the Highest of Compliments’
- Dolly Parton May Do ‘Trio’ Reissue with Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt