Ringo At The Ryman, recorded on Ringo Starr‘s 2012 tour with his most recent incarnation of the All Starr Band, features some classic songs from the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s, with one song the present day thrown in.
This time around, the All-Starrs featured Ringo and Gregg Bissonette on the drums, Steve Lukather from Toto and Todd Rundgren on guitars, Richard Page from Mr. Mister on bass, Gregg Rolie (formerly of Santana and Journey) on keyboards and Mark Rivera on the saxophone and percussion. As is always the case with Ringo’s tours, all of the members who sing perform the biggest hits from their careers (see tracklist below).
Radio.com spoke with Gregg Rolie shortly after the tour wrapped up; he was still amazed that he had the opportunity to perform with a Beatle. “It’s kind of a mind blower [to work with Ringo], it’s hard to express. The Beatles got us started in music.” Noting the cast of legends who have played in Ringo’s All-Starr Band – including John Entwistle of The Who, Jack Bruce of Cream, Levon Helm of The Band and Dr. John among them – he added, “There’s only about forty guys who have played in that band, and to be one of them is a real honor.”
Starr was touring for his latest album, Ringo 2012, and two of the songs from that album made the setlist: “Anthem” and “Wings” (a song he originally recorded for his 1977 album Ringo The 4th and re-recorded for 2012).
Former All-Starr (and Starr’s brother-in-law) Joe Walsh makes a guest appearance performing “Rocky Mountain Way” and is later joined by Vince Gill, Brad Paisley and other All Starr alums Felix Cavaliere and Richard Marx to perform “With A Little Help From My Friends” during the encore.
Ringo At The Ryman comes out March 19.
“Ringo At The Ryman” Set List w/ singers:
- Open / Matchbox – Ringo Starr
- It Don’t Come Easy – Ringo Starr
- Wings – Ringo Starr
- I Saw The Light – Todd Rundgren
- Evil Ways – Gregg Rolie
- Rosanna – Steve Lukather
- Kyrie Eleison – Richard Page
- Don’t Pass Me By – Ringo Starr
- Bang The Drum All Day – Todd Rundgren
- Boys – Ringo Starr
- Yellow Submarine – Ringo Starr
- Black Magic Woman – Gregg Rolie
- Band Intro / Happy Birthday
- Anthem – Ringo Starr
- I’m The Greatest – Ringo Starr
- Rocky Mountain Way – Joe Walsh
- You Are Mine – Richard Page
- Africa – Steve Lukather
- Everybody’s Everything – Gregg Rolie
- I Wanna Be Your Man – Ringo Starr
- Love Is The Answer – Todd Rundgren
- Broken Wings – Richard Page
- Hold The Line – Steve Lukather
- Photograph – Ringo Starr
- Act Naturally – Ringo Starr
- With A Little Help From My Friends / Give Peace A Chance
-Maria Bonello, WCBS-FM/NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com: