Barbra Streisand Returns To Oscar Stage After 36 Years
It’s so nice to see Barbra Streisand back where she belongs: the Oscar stage.
After 36 years, Babs will grace the Academy Awards stage for a special performance. No word yet on what that will entail.
Barbra last performed on the awards show in 1977 when she sang “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born, which won the Best Original Song statue later that same night. This was Barbra’s second win. She won her first Oscar in 1968 taking home the Best Actress statue for Funny Girl.
Watch Barbra take the stage for the 85th Academy Awards, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, February 24 on ABC.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week in History: The Beatles Take Over the Charts, Johnny Taylor’s ‘Disco Lady’ + Styx’s ‘Paradise Theatre
- This Teletubbies & Joy Division Mashup Video Will Haunt Your Dreams
- The Who Could Be Writing a New Album
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Win Tickets For Bryan Adams’ ‘Reckless Tour’
- Jimmy Fallon Singing ‘Barbara Ann’ with Wax Statues of Himself Is a Little Creepy