It’s so nice to see Barbra Streisand back where she belongs: the Oscar stage.
After 36 years, Babs will grace the Academy Awards stage for a special performance. No word yet on what that will entail.
Barbra last performed on the awards show in 1977 when she sang “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born, which won the Best Original Song statue later that same night. This was Barbra’s second win. She won her first Oscar in 1968 taking home the Best Actress statue for Funny Girl.
Watch Barbra take the stage for the 85th Academy Awards, hosted by Seth MacFarlane, February 24 on ABC.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Tom Petty Fans Held a ‘Vampire Walk’ to Celebrate His Birthday
- 5 Best Songs on Darius Rucker’s ‘When Was the Last Time’
- Watch Billy Joel Imitate Bruce Springsteen on ‘Kimmel’
- Eagles Share Live 1976 Version of ‘Hotel California’
- Elvis Costello & Bonnie Raitt Remember Tom Petty
- George Michael Celebrated in Nostalgic New ‘Fantasy’ Video