How’s the New Year’s resolution going to lose weight? Not so great? Maybe you spend too much time driving!
A new study from Australia shows people who have a long commute gain a lot more weight than people who don’t spend much time in the car.
Car commuters actually gain an average of four pounds over four years!
One big reason is that when you’re in the car for longer periods of time, you tend to buy a lot of your food on the run and eat it that way, too.
It’s called “eating while distracted.” It’s the same problem you run into when you eat at your desk or in front of the TV. You probably consume more calories than you want to because you’re not paying attention.
Suggestions? Try to save eating for mealtimes at the kitchen or dinner table. And, take smaller bites.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To See Barry Manilow At Nassau Coliseum
- Win Tickets To See Pat Benatar At St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Straight No Chaser at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Enter To Win Tickets To See The Zombies at Town Hall
- Win Tickets To See The Zombies & A Copy Of The Book “The Zombies 50th Anniversary of Odessey & Oracle”