CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The band KISS celebrates its 40th anniversary this week. They played their first-ever gig on January 30, 1973 at The Popcorn Club in Queens (later re-named Coventry). At the time, Gene, Paul, Peter and Ace were still performing as Wicked Lester. The name “KISS” came along a few weeks later.
Their biggest hit to date is “Beth,” written and sung by drummer Peter Criss.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Celebrate the Season with #GivingTuesday
- U2 Reschedules Paris Dates, Concert Special
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: November 23, 2015
- Win Tickets To Joe Bonamassa At Carnegie Hall
- Win Tickets To The International Motorcycle Show
- This Week In History: The Supremes, Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer, and Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes