New Eric Clapton Album Coming This Spring On Surfdog Records
According to a post on Surfdog Dog Records’ official website, Eric Clapton will release a new album on the indie label this spring. The album, title not yet announced, is tentatively scheduled for a March 12th release date.
The entirety of the label’s very brief post reads: “Surfdog is thrilled to announce the signing of a deal with Eric Clapton for his forthcoming album on Eric’s Bushbranch Records Label. Tentative release date is March 12 in front of his US tour which begins March 14. Check back for more details very soon!”
No word from Clapton’s camp as of press time.
He will have his own label – Bushbranch – through Surfdog, much like he did at Reprise/Warner Bros. with his imprint, Duck. Clapton was signed to Warner Bros. from 1983’s Money and Cigarettes up until recently. Surfdog Records has played home to Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, Brian Setzer and Glen Campbell over the years.
Clapton’s most recent studio album was 2010’s Clapton, which debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 album chart.
Clapton has a busy spring ahead, as he’ll hit the road for a month-long tour of the US, which will end with his Crossroads Guitar Festival on April 12 and 13 at NYC’s Madison Square Garden. Additionally, Clapton’s most successful album to date – 1977’s Slowhand - was reissued in December for its 35th anniversary with new/unreleased material from the guitarist.
- Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- America… Heck Yeah! Experience Freedom While Bald Eagle Gives You A Real Bird’s Eye View
- Enter to Win: The Hit Men Holiday Show
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- ‘Being Brad Blanks': A Red Carpet Interview About John Malkovich’s Study of the Octopus