Jimmy Page, Gary Clark Jr. Featured In John Varvatos Fashion Campaign
Jimmy Page has been a guitar hero for decades, but a new promotional campaign focuses more on his sense of fashion. Page and up-and-coming guitarist Gary Clark Jr. are part of the advertising push for John Varvatos’s spring line.
Shot by acclaimed rock photographer Danny Clinch, the ads will appear in magazines this March. Clinch also shot a short film featuring both guitarists, with Clark performing his song “When My Train Pulls In” off of 2012′s Blak And Blu.
Varvatos has often gone to musicians to help promote his clothing brand: ZZ Top, Dave Matthews, Green Day, The Roots and Paul Weller have all been involved in his campaigns.
Clark, meanwhile, has been spending more and more time in the company of legends: in the past year he’s jammed with Mick Jagger, Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck at the White House’s “Red White and Blues” tribute, and late last year, he joined Jagger and The Rolling Stones onstage for “Goin’ Down” for their pay-per-view concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
– Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice