Jimmy Page has been a guitar hero for decades, but a new promotional campaign focuses more on his sense of fashion. Page and up-and-coming guitarist Gary Clark Jr. are part of the advertising push for John Varvatos’s spring line.
Shot by acclaimed rock photographer Danny Clinch, the ads will appear in magazines this March. Clinch also shot a short film featuring both guitarists, with Clark performing his song “When My Train Pulls In” off of 2012’s Blak And Blu.
Varvatos has often gone to musicians to help promote his clothing brand: ZZ Top, Dave Matthews, Green Day, The Roots and Paul Weller have all been involved in his campaigns.
Clark, meanwhile, has been spending more and more time in the company of legends: in the past year he’s jammed with Mick Jagger, Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck at the White House’s “Red White and Blues” tribute, and late last year, he joined Jagger and The Rolling Stones onstage for “Goin’ Down” for their pay-per-view concert at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Joe Causi Wants to Know: Where is the Best Ice Cream in the Tri-State?
- Elvis Presley’s Stepbrother Claims His Death was No Accident
- Some Prince DNA Claimants’ Documents will be Released
- David Gilmour Performs “One of These Days” Live for First Time in 22 Years
- Historic Beatles Drum Set Hits Auction Block
- Lawyer Who Sued Led Zeppelin Suspended from Practicing