Fly The Friendly Skies With The Steve Miller Band On Turntable Tuesday
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Multiple Major Labels Sue Pandora Over Classic Hits
- John Lennon And Yoko Ono Perfectly Describe Love In Animated Interview
- Pearl Jam, Lorde, Eminem & OutKast to Headline Austin City Limits Music Festival
- This Drone Brings You Closer To A Fireworks Display Than Ever Before
- NASA Wants You To Kill Trees And Snap A #GlobalSelfie For Earth Day
- Stowaway Teen Flies To Hawaii Clinging To Landing Gear After Breaching A Fence At San Jose Airport