CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets For Daryl Hall & John Oates At PNC
- Win Tickets To An Advanced Screening Of ‘Ghostbusters’
- Win Tickets To ‘A Night at Studio 54’ At Resorts World
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Defamation Lawsuit Continues
- Chris Cornell Brings Classics, Humor and Warmth to NJ Show
- Sound of Silence: Is Paul Simon Retiring From Music?