Fly The Friendly Skies With The Steve Miller Band On Turntable Tuesday
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW
- Watch The World’s Tiniest Guard Dog Foil a Robbery