Fly The Friendly Skies With The Steve Miller Band On Turntable Tuesday
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets For Van Halen In Concert
- Win Tickets To The Film “Little Boy”
- Motley Crue Think More Bands Should Do Retirement Contracts
- The Replacements Have Recorded New Songs, Planning Box Sets
- The Making of Processed Deli Meat Will Make You Think Twice at the Deli Counter
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018