CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Peter Cetera Bows Out of Chicago Reunion — Again
- Win Tickets To See Duran Duran at Barclays
- The Monkees Announce 50th Anniversary Album, Rivers Cuomo, Ben Gibbard Contribute Tracks
- Elton John, Boyz II Men Join James Corden for Super Bowl 50 Special
- Twitter Reaction: Beyonce, Bruno Mars Outshine Coldplay In Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Top 10 Super Bowl 50 Commercials