Fly The Friendly Skies With The Steve Miller Band On Turntable Tuesday
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The Boeing 747 went into service on this day in 1970 (January 22) on Pan Am’s New York to London route. Although the song mentions the 707, we think the Steve Miller Band‘s “Jet Airliner” works just fine as a tip of the hat to the legendary 747.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch Bob Dylan’s Bloody Video For ‘The Night We Called It A Day’
- Walking Dead Recap: ‘You Should Keep Your Gates Closed’
- Madonna Announces 2015 World Tour
- Radio.com Minimation: Ozzy Osbourne on Why They Named the Band ‘Black Sabbath’
- Scott Ian On His ‘Walking Dead’ Cameo
- Win Tickets To The NY Auto Show