Guitar legend Tom Morello has been a member of quite a few groups in his lifetime: Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave and Street Sweeper Social Club. And this spring, he’ll add another one to that list: The E Street Band.
Although he isn’t permanently joining Bruce Springsteen‘s roof-raising backing ensemble, he’ll fill in temporarily for Springsteen’s guitarist and consigliere, Little Steven Van Zandt, for a string of Australian tour dates in March. The reason: Van Zandt will be tied up with filming his television show, Lilyhammer. After the Australian tour, Van Zandt will return to E Street starting with the April 29 show in Oslo, Norway. See all of Springsteen’s tour dates here. (No U.S. dates for 2013 have been announced.) Van Zandt had previously mentioned that he might have to miss some shows due to his filming schedule.
A longtime fan, Morello and Rage Against The Machine covered Springsteen’s “The Ghost Of Tom Joad” in 1997, leading to the two artists becoming friends. Morello has joined Springsteen onstage for a number of recent performances, including last month in Anaheim, California. He also guests on two songs on Springsteen’s latest album, Wrecking Ball: “Jack Of All Trades” and “This Depression.”
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Clinton vs Trump: The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election In Playlists
- ‘Stranger Things’ Actress Millie Bobby Brown Channels Amy Winehouse
- Nickelback Covered a Don Henley Song
- Not Fade Away: Boston’s Self-Titled Debut Turns 40
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 8/25/16
- Soon You Can Tour Prince’s Paisley Park Estate