Tom Morello To Fill In For Steven Van Zandt On Bruce Springsteen’s Australian Tour
Guitar legend Tom Morello has been a member of quite a few groups in his lifetime: Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave and Street Sweeper Social Club. And this spring, he’ll add another one to that list: The E Street Band.
Although he isn’t permanently joining Bruce Springsteen‘s roof-raising backing ensemble, he’ll fill in temporarily for Springsteen’s guitarist and consigliere, Little Steven Van Zandt, for a string of Australian tour dates in March. The reason: Van Zandt will be tied up with filming his television show, Lilyhammer. After the Australian tour, Van Zandt will return to E Street starting with the April 29 show in Oslo, Norway. See all of Springsteen’s tour dates here. (No U.S. dates for 2013 have been announced.) Van Zandt had previously mentioned that he might have to miss some shows due to his filming schedule.
A longtime fan, Morello and Rage Against The Machine covered Springsteen’s “The Ghost Of Tom Joad” in 1997, leading to the two artists becoming friends. Morello has joined Springsteen onstage for a number of recent performances, including last month in Anaheim, California. He also guests on two songs on Springsteen’s latest album, Wrecking Ball: “Jack Of All Trades” and “This Depression.”
– Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- “The Donald” Got Twitter Trumped and the Internet Responds: Pick Your Fave!
- Enter To Win: Pop, Rock & Doo Wopp Live!
- Former KISS Songwriter Stephen Coronel Arrested for Child Pornography