The Butler Makes A Comeback: The Act Of ‘Butling’ A Growing Career
Wouldn’t it be great to have someone hand you your shoes, polished to a shine every morning, and maybe iron your undies, too? How about someone to fetch you a hot cup of tea? You need a butler!
The popularity of butlers is soaring, thanks to the hit PBS series, Downton Abbey (We could all use someone like Carson, right?).
Companies like the Bespoke Bureau, which train men and women for service say a good butler must be:
- skilled at getting out tough stains
It also helps to have a British accent!
The act of “butling” is what it’s called, and it can earn someone more than 200-thousand dollars a year.
If you’re interested in the work, Prince William and Catherine are said to be on the lookout for someone to hire!
Dan had a conversation with Carson the butler on Downton Abbey this morning (kinda):
Read more about the return of the Butler from CBS News and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW