New Study Lists Popular Apps That Collect Your Personal Information
Are you an app addict? Carnegie Mellon University looked at data from the most popular apps in Google’s Android store to see which collect private information.
They published the list and Smartphone apps like Angry Birds and Brightest Flashlight were found to collect your location and ‘device ID’ (which is unique to each phone).
Research participants were “confused and surprised” by what they considered a violation of privacy, and the Daily News article says some apps even take info from your contact list!
Apple apps were NOT tested in this study, but researchers say they are strongly suspected to have the same result.
Read the full article and see what Android apps collect your info by clicking HERE and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week in History: The Beatles Take Over the Charts, Johnny Taylor’s ‘Disco Lady’ + Styx’s ‘Paradise Theatre
- This Teletubbies & Joy Division Mashup Video Will Haunt Your Dreams
- The Who Could Be Writing a New Album
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Win Tickets For Bryan Adams’ ‘Reckless Tour’