Are you an app addict? Carnegie Mellon University looked at data from the most popular apps in Google’s Android store to see which collect private information.
They published the list and Smartphone apps like Angry Birds and Brightest Flashlight were found to collect your location and ‘device ID’ (which is unique to each phone).
Research participants were “confused and surprised” by what they considered a violation of privacy, and the Daily News article says some apps even take info from your contact list!
Apple apps were NOT tested in this study, but researchers say they are strongly suspected to have the same result.
Read the full article and see what Android apps collect your info by clicking HERE and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- ‘Brooklyn’s Own’ Joe Causi @ Joe Mure’s Little North Pole in Queens (Neponsit), NY
- Interview: Ann Wilson Reflects on Heart’s Remarkable Year
- Dylan, Marley, Lennon Covers Highlight Starbucks
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye West Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again