After baby rumors last week, Sir Elton John and his husband, David Furnish, have finally made an official announcement regarding the bitch of their second son. Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John, 8 pounds and 4 ounces, was born at 6.40pm on Friday January 11, 2013 in Los Angeles via surrogate.
The couple’s statement: “Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable. The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement.”
John and Furnish have one other son together, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, born Christmas day 2010 via surrogate. In an interview with Today last July (so after the couple’s surrogate was already pregnant with Elijah), John expressed a strong desire for Zachary to have a sibling, though he did not announce that they were expecting.
“When he’s four and he starts going to preschool kids will say, ‘You don’t have a mummy,’” John said. “And we know that. We talked about this before we had Zachary. And we’re gonna say, ‘Well, listen, there’s gonna be consequences involved in having a child when you’re two gay parents.’ And I want him to have a brother or a sister to go to school with him. And so that he can have someone to play with.”
John, 65, and Furnish, 50, wed in 2005 after 12 years together.
– Jillian Mapes, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week in History: Beatles Beginnings, The Boss, U2 on the Roof, Madonna’s Undies, and Puff Daddy Diddy
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 3/24/17
- Noel Gallagher’s Face is Embossed on New Adidas Shoe
- John Oates Has Nothing To Be Ashamed Of
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner’s 40th Anniversary Tour
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival