Turntable Tuesday: “Goooooood Morning CBS-FM!”
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The movie Good Morning, Vietnam opened in wide release on this day in 1988. Robin Williams played Adrian Cronauer, a wild-child DJ on US Armed Services Radio during the Vietnam War. The soundtrack gave new life to some of the greatest songs of the ’60s, including “California Sun” by The Rivieras. It was a top 5 hit in February of ’64 before getting another life in the ’80s thanks to the movie. It’s one of my “Turntable Tuesday” picks on CBS-FM this week.
Williams’s performance in Good Morning, Vietnam won him a Golden Globe for “Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical” and also earned him an Oscar nomination for “Best Actor.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Roger Waters Needs to Remind You He’s Not on Pink Floyd’s New Album
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Listen To This Beautiful Ryan Adams Cover Of Foreigner’s ‘I Want To Know What Love Is’
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Jimmy Page Conditionally Ponders 2015 Solo Tour
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen