Turntable Tuesday: “Goooooood Morning CBS-FM!”
CBS-FM has a fun feature called Turntable Tuesday. Once an hour, we play an “oh wow” record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I “cue up” a record.
The movie Good Morning, Vietnam opened in wide release on this day in 1988. Robin Williams played Adrian Cronauer, a wild-child DJ on US Armed Services Radio during the Vietnam War. The soundtrack gave new life to some of the greatest songs of the ’60s, including “California Sun” by The Rivieras. It was a top 5 hit in February of ’64 before getting another life in the ’80s thanks to the movie. It’s one of my “Turntable Tuesday” picks on CBS-FM this week.
Williams’s performance in Good Morning, Vietnam won him a Golden Globe for “Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy/Musical” and also earned him an Oscar nomination for “Best Actor.”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Art Garfunkel Remembers Mike Nichols
- Yoko Ono, Flaming Lips Turn ‘Merry Xmas (War is Over)’ Psychedelic: Listen
- Watch Rush’s Neil Peart Give a Tour of His Drum Set
- Steve Schirripa Began Taking Acting Classes AFTER Landing Role On ‘The Sopranos’
- ‘The Theory of Everything’ Star Eddie Redmayne On Meeting Dr Stephen Hawking
- Q&A: Stewart Copeland of the Police Speaks on the Gaza Strip Conflict, ‘Fancy Friends’ Jam Sessions, Sting