Despite 25,000 signatures, the White House is not planning to build a Death Star.
Yes, you read that correctly…
The White House issued its official response Friday to an online petition calling for the creation of the Star Wars battle station.
“The administration shares your desire for a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon,” says the chief of the science and space branch at the White House.
Among the reasons cited: the administration “does not support blowing up planets” and it could cost $852 quadrillion to build.
Any request that get more than 25,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” website within 30 days must receive an official response.
Read more from the Daily News and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- ZZ Top Announce 2017 Tonnage Tour
- Boy George, Pet Shop Boys, More Pay Tribute to Late Dead or Alive Singer
- CBS-FM’s Holiday In Brooklyn | James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett & Sarah McLachlan
- 1960s Pop Idol Bobby Vee Dead at 73
- Roger Waters, Alongside Neil Young & My Morning Jacket, Cover Bob Dylan’s ‘Forever Young’