White House Turns Down Request To Build A Death Star
Despite 25,000 signatures, the White House is not planning to build a Death Star.
Yes, you read that correctly…
The White House issued its official response Friday to an online petition calling for the creation of the Star Wars battle station.
“The administration shares your desire for a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon,” says the chief of the science and space branch at the White House.
Among the reasons cited: the administration “does not support blowing up planets” and it could cost $852 quadrillion to build.
Any request that get more than 25,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” website within 30 days must receive an official response.
Read more from the Daily News and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Chris Christie, Woman Fight at Town Hall Meeting Over Using Bruce Springsteen’s Music: Watch
- 7 Videos That Led Director Mark Romanek to Taylor Swift
- Interview: Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil and Nikki Sixx Talk Country Tribute Album
- NFL Asks Coldplay, Katy Perry & Rihanna to Pay to Play 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Peter Frampton on Phone-Throwing Incident: He Loves Social Media, Just Not at His Concerts