White House Turns Down Request To Build A Death Star
Despite 25,000 signatures, the White House is not planning to build a Death Star.
Yes, you read that correctly…
The White House issued its official response Friday to an online petition calling for the creation of the Star Wars battle station.
“The administration shares your desire for a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon,” says the chief of the science and space branch at the White House.
Among the reasons cited: the administration “does not support blowing up planets” and it could cost $852 quadrillion to build.
Any request that get more than 25,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” website within 30 days must receive an official response.
Read more from the Daily News and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Watch U2 Perform ‘Desire’ with a U2 Tribute Band
- Directors, Screenwriters Announced for New ‘Star Wars’ Film About Han Solo
- Iggy Pop, Brandon Flowers Guesting on New Order’s New Album
- You Need to See Dave Grohl Cover Neil Young’s ‘Cinnamon Girl’ at a Biker Rally
- What Would Led Zeppelin Have Sounded Like in the ’80s?