Dave Grohl’s ‘Sound City Players’ To Include Nicks, Fogerty, Nielsen… And Rick Springfield!
The Sundance Film Festival is about to be rocked. As previously reported, Dave Grohl‘s Sound City film, a documentary about the storied L.A. studio, will make its public premiere at the annual festival. In addition, Grohl will perform with “The Sound City Players” — a group that will include Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick and Rick Springfield.
Also in the ad-hoc group: Grohl’s fellow Foo Fighters Pat Smear, Taylor Hawkins, Chris Shiflett and Nate Mendel, his former Nirvana bandmate Krist Novoselic and a few other notables, including Rage Against The Machine’s Brad Wilk and hardcore punk rock icon, Lee Ving of Fear.
The show will take place on January 18 at Park City Live, and tickets sold out quickly after the show was announced on Wednesday (January 9).
Grohl’s film looks into the history of the legendary L.A. studio, and features interviews with Nicks, Fogerty, Nielsen and Springfield, as well Tom Petty, Lars Ulrich of Metallica, Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails and even Barry Manilow. The film’s soundtrack includes collaborations with many of the artists he interviewed.
– Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW
- Watch The World’s Tiniest Guard Dog Foil a Robbery