Dave Grohl’s ‘Sound City Players’ To Include Nicks, Fogerty, Nielsen… And Rick Springfield!
The Sundance Film Festival is about to be rocked. As previously reported, Dave Grohl‘s Sound City film, a documentary about the storied L.A. studio, will make its public premiere at the annual festival. In addition, Grohl will perform with “The Sound City Players” — a group that will include Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick and Rick Springfield.
Also in the ad-hoc group: Grohl’s fellow Foo Fighters Pat Smear, Taylor Hawkins, Chris Shiflett and Nate Mendel, his former Nirvana bandmate Krist Novoselic and a few other notables, including Rage Against The Machine’s Brad Wilk and hardcore punk rock icon, Lee Ving of Fear.
The show will take place on January 18 at Park City Live, and tickets sold out quickly after the show was announced on Wednesday (January 9).
Grohl’s film looks into the history of the legendary L.A. studio, and features interviews with Nicks, Fogerty, Nielsen and Springfield, as well Tom Petty, Lars Ulrich of Metallica, Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails and even Barry Manilow. The film’s soundtrack includes collaborations with many of the artists he interviewed.
– Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Enter to Win: NJ Devils Tickets
- This Week In History: The Fab Four’s “Hey Jude,” Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” & Stevie Wonder’s “I Just Called To Say I Love You”
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Pearl Jam Dedicate ‘Light Years’ to Isaiah ‘Ikey’ Owens in Detroit: Watch
- Paul McCartney Plays Pool in Lost Wings TV Ad: Watch
- Yusuf/Cat Stevens Releases New Song ‘The Devil Came From Kansas': Listen