James Taylor, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson To Perform At Obama Inauguration
The three big names will perform on the Capitol steps as part of Obama’s public inauguration ceremony.
Bey will sing the National Anthem for Obama’s second inauguration ceremony. The singer is making a repeat appearance for the President. Back in 2009 she sang Etta James’ “At Last” as the President and First Lady, Michelle Obama shared their first dance at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ball.
James will perform “America The Beautiful,” while Kelly will take on “My Country, ‘Tis Of Thee,” previously performed by Aretha Franklin in 2009 when an estimated 1.8 million people gathered to watch the nation’s first black president be sworn in.
While we’re excited to see Kelly perform, we’re more excited to see what kind of hat the American Idol winner will wear to top Aretha’s much talked about chapeau.
The President, who officially takes his oath at the White House on January 20, will also be joined by the 2013 inaugural poet, Richard Blanco, the son of Cuban exiles.
The Presidential Inaugural Committee will announce more ceremonial participants in the upcoming weeks.
-Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Harrison Ford in Critical Condition after Plane Crash
- The Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson Announces Solo U.S. Tour
- The 6 Creepiest Characters Played By Anthony Hopkins
- ‘House of Cards’ Becomes a Sitcom in This Hilarious Parody
- ‘Late Show’ Host To Be Stephen Colbert Talks Catholicism, The Pope, & His Favorite Saint
- Music For Cats is a Real Thing