Turntable Tuesday: Mama’s Got A “Squeeze Box”
CBS-FM has a fun feature called “Turntable Tuesday.” Once an hour, we play an ‘oh wow’ record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I ‘cue up’ a record.
“Squeeze Box” was released in October of 1975, with “Success Story” as its B-side. It saw some success in the US, peaking at #16 on the charts and reaching #1 in the Great White North. The term “squeeze box” can refer to an accordion, but we all know from some of the lyrics (“She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out”) that that is not the case.
Be sure to come back every Turntable Tuesday as I talk about another one of my favorite 45s from teh vast collection here at CBS-FM!
–Dave Stewart & E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Ringo Starr Announces New Album ‘Postcards from Paradise’
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath: Geezer Butler Arrested for Death Valley Bar Fight
- Brian Wilson’s New Album to Feature Zooey Deschanel, Kacey Musgraves, fun.’s Nate Ruess
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- Tim McGraw to Perform Glen Campbell’s ‘I’m Not Gonna Miss You’ at Oscars