Turntable Tuesday: Mama’s Got A “Squeeze Box”
CBS-FM has a fun feature called “Turntable Tuesday.” Once an hour, we play an ‘oh wow’ record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I ‘cue up’ a record.
“Squeeze Box” was released in October of 1975, with “Success Story” as its B-side. It saw some success in the US, peaking at #16 on the charts and reaching #1 in the Great White North. The term “squeeze box” can refer to an accordion, but we all know from some of the lyrics (“She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out”) that that is not the case.
Be sure to come back every Turntable Tuesday as I talk about another one of my favorite 45s from teh vast collection here at CBS-FM!
–Dave Stewart & E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Bob Dylan Honored as MusiCares Person of the Year, to Receive Tribute from Jack White, Neil Young, More
- Journey Call Out Website Promoting Tour They Never Booked
- John Cho Recalls on ‘Kimmel’ How Meeting Morrissey Didn’t Go Well
- Neil Young Posts New Orchestral Version of ‘Who’s Gonna Stand Up’
- Have A Look Through The Eye Of The Tiger With Jim Peterik
- Chris Stein’s Negatives: See 5 Awesome Photos of Blondie