Turntable Tuesday: Mama’s Got A “Squeeze Box”
CBS-FM has a fun feature called “Turntable Tuesday.” Once an hour, we play an ‘oh wow’ record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I ‘cue up’ a record.
“Squeeze Box” was released in October of 1975, with “Success Story” as its B-side. It saw some success in the US, peaking at #16 on the charts and reaching #1 in the Great White North. The term “squeeze box” can refer to an accordion, but we all know from some of the lyrics (“She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out”) that that is not the case.
Be sure to come back every Turntable Tuesday as I talk about another one of my favorite 45s from teh vast collection here at CBS-FM!
–Dave Stewart & E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Gregg Allman Talks Dickey Betts, and the Future of the Allman Brothers Band
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical
- ‘The Pretenders’ Singer Chrissie Hynde Under Fire for Rape Comments
- MTV VMAs 2015: Complete Winners List
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic in History
- Win Tickets For Smokey Robinson at NYCB Theater