CBS-FM has a fun feature called “Turntable Tuesday.” Once an hour, we play an ‘oh wow’ record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I ‘cue up’ a record.
“Squeeze Box” was released in October of 1975, with “Success Story” as its B-side. It saw some success in the US, peaking at #16 on the charts and reaching #1 in the Great White North. The term “squeeze box” can refer to an accordion, but we all know from some of the lyrics (“She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out”) that that is not the case.
Be sure to come back every Turntable Tuesday as I talk about another one of my favorite 45s from teh vast collection here at CBS-FM!
–Dave Stewart & E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey Says Rock is Dead
- Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black’ Turns Ten
- The Doors’ ‘London Fog 1966’ Captures One of the Band’s Earliest Gigs
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 10/27/16
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report
- The Rolling Stones Played a Private Gig for Patriots Owner Robert Kraft