Turntable Tuesday: Mama’s Got A “Squeeze Box”
CBS-FM has a fun feature called “Turntable Tuesday.” Once an hour, we play an ‘oh wow’ record from vinyl. I feel like Dr. Johnny Fever when I ‘cue up’ a record.
“Squeeze Box” was released in October of 1975, with “Success Story” as its B-side. It saw some success in the US, peaking at #16 on the charts and reaching #1 in the Great White North. The term “squeeze box” can refer to an accordion, but we all know from some of the lyrics (“She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out”) that that is not the case.
Be sure to come back every Turntable Tuesday as I talk about another one of my favorite 45s from teh vast collection here at CBS-FM!
–Dave Stewart & E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Nilsson Fans Record Song to ‘Put Harry in the Hall’
- Vladimir Putin is the Greatest Hockey Player in the World
- Watch the Trailer for Rush’s ‘R40 Live’
- Bob Dylan Calls Writer ‘Scurrilous Little Wretch’ In Letter For Satirizing His Mother
- Billy Idol to Join Duff McKagan, Kesha for Cancer Benefit
- Tom Petty Admits to Being a Heroin Addict in the 1990s