Is Prince Finally Making Nice With The Internet?
Prince has never been a big fan of the Internet spending lots of time (and money) to make sure no one is pirating his music. A new Twitter account though is making fans wonder if he’s finally ready to embrace the World Wide Web.
The Purple One pronounced the Internet dead back in 2010 in an interview with German Rolling Stone and has managed to ignore the online market since, at one point he was even charging fans a small fee to watch his videos and still refuses to sell his music through iTunes.
But since January 6, the mysterious tweeter 3rd Eye Girl has been posting remixes (like a funky take on his latest single, “Rock and Roll Love Affair), a black and white rehearsal clip and other rarities from Prince.
The handle, which has nearly 3,000 followers and is following no one, even managed to post a new song called “Same Page, Different Book.”
Tell me a story... youtu.be/QGh89fi3-_k—
3rd Eye Girl (@3rdeyegirl) January 07, 2013
As SPIN pointed out, the anonymous Twitter account could be unauthorized or maybe a “totally legit viral marketing campaign.” Either way 3rd Eye Girl has access to Prince’s musical vault.
Who do you think is behind the 3rd Eye Girl tweets?
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- CBS-FM’s March Music Matchups 2015
- Michael Jackson Is Apparently to Blame for Guns N’ Roses’ Breakup
- Kacey Musgraves, Brian Wilson Duet on ‘Guess You Had to Be There': Listen
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: March 26, 2015
- Here’s Patti LaBelle Dancing to 50 Cent’s ‘In Da Club’
- 7 Reasons Why Regis Philbin Is Still Cooler Than Kelly Ripa