Consumer Electronics Show Preview: Transparent TV’s And Bendable Phones To Debut
The annual Consumer Electronics Show opens today in Las Vegas with hundreds of thousands of people previewing the biggest new gadgets! So what are some of the crazy rumors flying around?
A Transparent TV – Samsung released a teaser video that felt like the intro to Star Wars and includes transparent OLED (organic light emitting diode) screens. You mount a TV on your wall and when it’s off it just looks like a pane of glass!
UHDTV – The sure bet on TVs this year is Ultra High Definition TVs. These are flat-screens with 4-8X the resolution of our current HDTV sets. The standard screen size is set to be 110-inches and retails for $20,000.
TVs with ‘gesture recognition’ are expected to debut, where you can automatically switch to your favorite channels and preset volume preferences with arm motion, or for smart TVs, go to Facebook profiles.
Eye tracking has been hinted – using your eyes to change channels and lower the volume.
Voice command programs like Siri could also make it into TV controls and there are also rumors of a bendable phone screen!
DT and Deb talk about seeing Mr. G in Ultra Hi Def pm the PIX-11 News:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- U2 Become Eligible for 2015 GRAMMYs by Releasing Limited-Edition ‘Songs of Innocence’ Vinyl
- Annie Lennox Talks Feminism, Calls Beyonce ‘Feminist Lite’
- Watch the Video for Paul McCartney & Wings’ ‘Call Me Back Again’
- “The Donald” Got Twitter Trumped and the Internet Responds: Pick Your Fave!
- Enter To Win: Pop, Rock & Doo Wopp Live!